Patient Delivered Partner Therapy for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea
(Azithromycin 1 gm and Cefpodoxime 400mg)
Why do I need to take this medicine?
Your sex partner has recently been treated for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea. These are curable infections
you can get from having sex with a person who already has them. Many people with these infections
do not know they have them because they feel okay and do not have any symptoms. However, if you
do not take medicine to cure it, you can get very sick.
You could have Chlamydia and Gonorrhea. It is important that you get treated. We want to be sure
that you get the medicine you need as soon as possible. The best way to take care of yourself is to see
your doctor or come to City Clinic for a check-up and medicine. If you are not able to go to your doctor
or City Clinic within 1 week, you should take the medicine enclosed. Is the medicine safe?
The medicine is very safe. However, you should talk to your doctor or come to City Clinic if you have
any of the problems listed below. DO NOT take the medicine if:
• You know you are pregnant, think you might be pregnant or plan to become pregnant
• You are female and having lower belly pain, pain with sex, vomiting or fever
• You are male and having pain or swelling in the testicle (balls) or fever
• You ever had a bad reaction, rash or allergy to Azithromycin (Zithromax), Erythromycin, or
• You ever had a bad reaction, rash or allergy to Cefpodoxime (Vantin) or any cephalosporin (any
antibiotic that starts with cef- or ceph-) or a life threatening reaction to Penicillin
• You have a serious long-term illness such as kidney, heart or liver disease
How do I take the medicine?
• You will receive 2 pink 500mg Azithromycin pills (for Chlamydia) and 2 white or orange 200mg
• Take the Azithromycin and Cefpodoxime pills at the same time with food and a full glass of water.
• This medicine may cause an upset stomach, diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting. This should not last
long. If these symptoms persist or you develop a rash or fever, contact your doctor or City Clinic.
• Do not share or give this medicine to anyone else.
• Do not have sex for the next 7 days because it takes 7 days for the medicine to cure these
infections. If you have unprotected sex during the 7 days after taking the medicine, you could still pass the infection to your sex partners.
• We recommend re-testing in 3 months to make sure that you have not been re-infected.
What can I do if I still have questions?
If you have any questions about the medicine, please call (415) 487-5595 during clinic hours. All calls
are confidential. You can also come into City Clinic for a low cost or free visit including: exam, testing
and medicine. For more information and directions, visit our website.
F:\PROTOCOLS\Partner Delivered Therapy\PDTCTGC(A)_ENG.doc
Joint Parliamentary Meeting Grossetête said. “It is therefore in November 2008 on Energy and Sustainable the best interest of the European The EPP-ED Group participated Grossetête concluded: “Nobody on Energy and Sustainable plan to fi ght global warming and place on 20 and 21 November but we differ in the practical in the European Parliament measures this action plan should in St
Handelsnamen Diese Liste ordnet den im Handbuch der kardiovaskulären Notfallmedizin erwähnten Wirkstoffen eine Auswahl der in Deutschland, Österreich und der Schweiz üblichen Handelspräparate zu. Wirkstoff Deutsches Österreichisches Präparat Präparat Reopro 2-mg/ml-Injektions lösung oder InfusionslösungCaptostad)Enalapril (Alapril, Enalapril, Mepril, Renitec)Lisinopri