Lithium Batteries Australia (“LBA”) warrants their products against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for the period of ONE (1) YEAR, from the date of retail purchase by the original end user purchaser (Warranty Period).
If the product has been installed by LBA or an Authorised Service Provider (“ASP”) approved by LBA the date of warranty extends from the date of installation.
If a valid claim is received within the Warranty Period, at its option and to the extent permitted by law, LBA will provide ex-change replacement parts during the Warranty Period, subject to the following conditions:
- This warranty excludes malfunction caused by normal wear and tear, improper installation, misuse, abuse, negligence, accident or alteration by any person.
- This warranty excludes ingress or damage in any extent by water to the lithium cells, casing or batter management system.
- Parts to be replaced must be returned to LBA, 55 West Thebarton Rd, Thebarton SA for inspection before replacement parts shall be issued.
- Transport costs associated with the repair or replacement of any parts shall be borne by the claimant
- Any repair work is to be carried out by LBA or a LBA approved repairer
When a product or part is exchanged, any replacement item becomes your property and the replaced item becomes LBA property. Parts provided by LBA in fulfilment of its warranty obligation must be used in products for which warranty service is claimed.
This Limited Warranty applies only to system products manufactured by or for LBA that can be identified by the “LBA” trademark, trade name, or logo affixed to them. The Limited Warranty does not apply to any non-LBA system products.
LBA does not warrant that the operation of the product will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- Damage arising from failure to follow instructions relating to the product’s use,
- Damage caused by use with non-LBA parts and products,
- Damage caused by lack of scheduled maintenance,
- Damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, flood, fire, force majeure, earthquake or other external causes,
- Damage caused by operating the product outside the permitted or intended uses described by LBA and within the included operation manual,
- Damage caused by service (including upgrades) performed by anyone who is not a representative of LBA or an ASP,
- A product or part that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of LBA,
- Consumable parts, such as batteries and fuses unless damage has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship,
- Any product that has had a LBA serial number removed or defaced.
LBA RESPONSIBILITY FOR PRODUCT DEFECTS IS LIMITED TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT SERVICE AS DETERMINED BY LBA IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN TIME TO THE TERM OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. NO WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WILL APPLY AFTER THE EXPIRATION OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD.
No LBA reseller, agent, or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension, or addition to this warranty. If any term is held to be illegal or unenforceable, the legality or enforceability of the remaining terms shall not be affected or impaired.
EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THIS WARRANTY AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, PPP IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONDITION, OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE; LOSS OF REVENUE; LOSS OF ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS ON CONTRACTS); LOSS OF THE USE OF MONEY; LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS; LOSS OF BUSINESS; LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY; LOSS OF GOODWILL; LOSS OF REPUTATION;
THE FOREGOING LIMITATION SHALL NOT APPLY TO DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS, OR ANY STATUTORY LIABILITY FOR INTENTIONAL AND GROSS NEGLIGENT ACTS AND/OR OMISSIONS.
The Tesla Roadster Battery System Tesla Motors By Gene Berdichevsky, Kurt Kelty, JB Straubel and Erik Toomre Summary This paper provides details about the design of the Tesla Roadster’s lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery pack (otherwise known as the ESS, or Energy Storage System) with a particular focus on the multiple safety systems, both passive and active, that are incorporated in
THERAPEUTIC USE EXEMPTION (TUE) The WSF Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) Process is the means by which an athlete competing in any WSF event can obtain approval to use a prohibited prescribed substance or method for the treatment of a legitimate medical condition. The World Anti-Doping Association (WADA) publishes a Prohibited List of substances and methods each year effective 1st Janua