Lair Geraldo Theodoro Ribeiro, M. D., F.A.C.C.
Educational Foundation Machado Sobrinho,
Medical School of the Federal University
INTERNSHIP AND POSTGRADUATE TRAINING
Residency in Cardiology, Pontificia Universidade Catolica of Rio de Janeiro (RJ), Brazil
Research Fellow in Medicine, Peter Bent Brigham Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston (MA), USA
Fellow in Cardiology, The Methodist Hospital Baylor College of Medicine, Houston (TX), USA
Teaching Assistant in Anatomy, Medical School of the Federal University of Juiz de Fora (MG), Brazil
Teaching Assistant in Cardiology, Medical School of the Federal University of Juiz de Fora (MG), Brazil
Instructor in Cardiology, Post-Graduate Course, Pontificia Universidade Catolica of Rio de Janeiro (RJ), Brazil
Assistant of Professor in Cardiology, Medical School of Barbacena (MG), Brazil
Assistant Director of Deborah Cardiovascular Research Institute, Browns Mills (NJ), USA
Curriculum Vitae TEACHING /RESEARCH/MANAGERIAL EXPERIENCE (Cont.)
Adjunct Assistant Professor Thomas Jefferson College Of Medicine
Director, Clinical Research Merck Sharp & Dohme Research
Adjunct Associate Professor Thomas Jefferson College of Medicine
Executive Director, Cardiovascular Clinical Research,
Pharmaceutical Division, Summit (NJ), USA.
Acting Vice President, Cardiovascular Drug
Pharrnaceutical Division, Summit (NJ), USA.
Pharmaceutical Division, Summit (NJ), USA.
NLP Practioner Certification, New York NLP
Management Development Program, Northeastern
NLP MasterCertification, NLP Comprehensive,
Curriculum Vitae MEDICAL PUBLICATIONS
American Federation of Clinical Research
Who's Who in Frontier Science Technology
American Hear Association's Councils of Circulation and Basic Science
National Association of Neuro-Linguistic Programming
SERVICE EXPERIENCE - Brazil
Banco do Brasil Employee - Teófilo Ottoni (MG)
Cardiologist, Saint Luke Hospital - Teófilo Ottoni (MG)
1. Chiariello M. Ribeiro LGT, Davis MA and Maroko PR.
Induced by methoxamine followlng coronary artery occlusion in dogs. Circulation 56.809-815, 1977.
2. Ribeiro LGT, Hillis LD, Louie Eric K, Davis MA. Maroko PR and Braunwald E.
A method for demonstrating the efficacy of intervention designed to limit infarct size followlng coronary occlusion Cardiovasc Res 12.334-340, 1978.
3. Maroko PR, Kloner RA, Yasuda T, Ribeiro LGT, Maclean D and Braunwaid E. Recent
lnvestigations on attempts to limit infarct size. Chapter in acute and long term medical rnanagement of myocardial ischemia. L. Wilheimsen and S. Hjalmarson, editors, Lindgren and Soner, Molndal. 373-387, 1978.
4. Braunwald E, Kloner RA, Hillis LD, Maclean D, Ribeiro LGT and Maroko PR: The use of
hyaluronidase in the limitation of infarct size following acute coronary occlusion. Chapter in acute and long term medical management of myocardial ischemia. L Wilhelmsen and A Hjalmarson, Editors, Lingren and Soner, Molndal 358-372, 1978.
5. Ribeiro LGT, Louie EK, Hillis LD, Davis MA and Maroko PR. Early augmentation of R
wave voltage after coronary artery occlusion. A useful index of myocardial injury. J Electrocardiol 12:89-95, 1979.
6. Ribeiro LGT, Louie EK, Davis MA and Maroko PR: Augmentation of collateral blood
flow to the ischemic myocardium by oxygen inhalation following experimental coronarv artery occlusion Cardiovasc Res 13.160-166, 1979
7. Maroko PR, Maclean D, Ribeiro LGT and Braunwald E. Pharmacological limitation of
infarct size. Enzymatic elecrocardiographic and rnorphological studies in the experimental animal and man. Enzymes in Cardiology. Diagnosis & Research Editor, DJ Hearse, The John Wiley Publishing Co, 1979.
8. Ribeiro LGT, Hooking G, Brandon TA, Reduto LA and Miller RR: Hyperemia bordering
ischemic myocardium in experimental myocardial infarction. Cardiovasc Res 14.345-351, 1980.
9. Quinones MA, Young JB, Waggoner AD, Ostojic MC, Ribeiro LGT and Miller RR: Pulsed
doppler echocardiography: An accurate noninvasive detector of left-sided valvular insufficiency. Br Heart J 44:612-620, 1980.
10. Ribeiro LGT, DeBauche TL, Brandon TA, Reduto LA, Maroko PR and Miller RR
Comparative efects of verabamil and nifedipine on reactive hypermia, and ventricular arrhythmias during coronary artery reperfusion. Eur Heart J (Suppl B): 31-35, 1980.
11. Ribeiro LGT and Yasuda T. Coronary reperfusion in rats - Beneficial effects of
verapamil. Arq Bras Cardiol 35.135-138, 1980.
12 Ribeiro LGT, Brandon TA, Hopkins G, Reduto L.A, Taylor A and Miller RR. Protacyclin
in experimental myocardial ischemia. Effects on hemodynamic regional myocardial blood flow, infarct size and mortality. Am J Cardiol 47.835-840, 1981.
13. Young JB, Quinones MD, Waggoner AD, Ostojic MC, Ribeiro LGT and Miller RR: Pulsed
doppler echocardiographic assessment of left-sided valvular insufficiency Noninvasive cardiovascular diagnosis Editor, EB Diethrich, The PSG Publishing Company, Inc. 575-584, 1981.
14. Ribeiro LGT, Brandon TA, DeBauche TL, Maroko PR and Miller RR: Antiarrhythmic and
hemodynamic effects of calcium channel blocking agents during coronary arterial reperfusion. Am J Cardiol 48:69-74, 1981.
15. Ribeiro LGT and Maroko PR. Reduction in infarct size by verapamil administration
16. Maroko PR, Chiariello M and Ribeiro LGT. The influence of vasodilators and
vasoconstrictors on coronary collateral flow after experimental coronary artery occlusion. Les Alpha-Bloquants. Pharmacologie Experlmentale Et Clinique, Baumann, D, et al, Editors. Paris Symposium International, Masson PubIishing Company, 193-202, 1981.
17. Iwaski T, Ribeiro LGT, Faria DB Cheung W-m and Maroko PR: The importance of the
source of hyaluronidase in determining its effectiveness in reducing infarct size Am Heart J 102 324-329, 1981.
18. Yasuda T, Holmarl BL, Ribeiro LGT, Alpert JS and Maroko PR. Accuracy of serial 12
lead electrocardiograms in localizing myocardial infarctions. J Electrocardiol 15(2):181-188, 1982.
19. Miller RR, Ribeiro LGT, DeBauche TL and Brandon TA: Effects of prostacyclin and
nitroprusside on mortality following experimental coronary artery occlusion, Chapter 13, Platelets and Prostaglandins in Cardiovascular Disease, Metha, J an Metha, P, Editors Mount Kisco, NY, Futura Publishing Company, 251-264. 1981.
20. Quinones MA, Waggoner AD, Reduto LA, Nelson JG, Young JB, Winters WL, Jr, Ribeiro LGT and Miller RR. A new simplified and accurate; method for determining ejection fraction with two-dimensional echocarography Circulation 64.744-753, 1981.
21. Ribeiro LGT, Hillis LD and Maroko PR. Evolution of epicardial R wave voltage
following experimental coronary artery occlusion Cardiovasc Res 15.425-429, 1981.
22. Ribeiro LGT, Spadaro J, Brandon TA, Kim H-S, Titus JL, Maroko PR and Miller RR.
Effects of methoxy-verapamil (D600) on mortality and infarct size after coronary artery occlusion in rats. Arq Bras Cardiol 37;85-88, 1981.
23. Ribeiro LGT and Lefer AM. Etiology an pathophysiology of coronary artery spasm
chapter 2, Coronary Artery Spasm Robert A Char!ne. Editor, rlount Kisco, NY, Futura Puhlishing Company, 39-64, 1983.
24. Ribeiro LGT, Brandon TA, Horak JK, Ware JA, Miller RR and Solis RT: Inhibition of
platelet aggregation by verapamil: Quantification by in vivo and in vitro techniques. Cardiovasc Pharm 4 170-173, 1982.
25. Ribeiro LGT, Cheung W-m and Maroko PR. Influence of the extentof the zone at risk
on the effectiveness of drugs in reducing infarct size Circulation 66: 181-186, 1982.
26. Yasuda T, Ribeiro LGT and Maroko PR. Effect of hyaluronidase on experimental
cerebral infarct size an mortality. Laboratory Investigation 46:400-404, 1982.
27. Maroko PR, Ribeiro LGT and Golderg S: Acute myocardial infarction - Coronary
thrombosis and salvage of the ischemic myocardium, coronary artery spasm and thrombosis, and clinical aspects. Goldberg, S (ed) FA Davis, CO., Phila., PA, Cardiovascular Clinic Series, 14:(1 ) 191 -202, 1983.
28. Ribeiro LGT, Zalewski A and Maroko PR: Limitation of infarct size: Mechanisms o
interventions, methods of evaluation and clinical applications. In Treatment of Myocardial Ischemia, Ed Pedro Zarco, Editorial Alhampra S A, Madrid Spain, 1982.
29. Hortak JK, Brandon TA, Ribeiro LGT, Ware JA Miller RR and Solis RT: Effects of
Ethanol and Hemolysis on In Vivo and In Vitro Platelet Aggregation J Cardiovasc Pharm 4 (6). 1037-1041, 1982.
30. Faria DB, Cheung W-m, Ribeiro LGT and Maroko PR: The effects of lidocaine and
droxicainide on myocarial necrosis. J Am Coll Cardiol 1(6).1447-1452, 1983.
31. Endo T, Ribeiro LGT, Cheung W-m, Faria DB, Petranto MS and Maroko PR
Relationship between the extent of the hypoperfused zone of the myocardium and the occurrence of ventricular fibrillation. Am Heart J 105(6): June, 1983.
32. Ribeiro LGT and Davies RO: Reduction in Cardiac Death and Reinfarction Rates
Caused by Beta-Blockers After Acute Myocardial Infarction. Rev Port Cardiol 2(5):389-392, 1983.
33. Ribeiro LGT: Beneficial effects of beta-blockade on secondary prevention. Arq
34. Sweet CS, Gaul SL, Reitz PM, Blaine EH and Ribeiro LGT: Mechanism of action of
enalapril in experimental hypertension and acute left ventricular failure. J Hypertension 1 (Suppl 1):53-63, 1983.
35. Vik-Mo H, Maroko PR and Ribeiro LGT: Comparative effects of proranolol, timolol
and metoprol on myocardial infarct after experimental coronary artery occlusion. J Am
36. Sweet CS, Ludden CT, Frederick CM and Ribeiro LGT: Hemodynamic effects of
antiotensin and renin inhibition in dogs withacute left ventricular failure. Am J Med 77:7-12, 1984.
37. Sweet CS, Ludden CT, Frederick CMK, Bush LR and Ribeiro LGT: Comparative
hemodynamic effects of enalaprilat (MK-422), a converting enzyme inhibitor and a renin inhibitor in dogs with left ventricular failure. J C Pharmacol 6:1067-1075, 1984.
38. Hock CE, Ribeiro LGT and Lefer AM: Preservation of ischemic myocardium
by a new converting enzyme inhibitor, enalprilic acid, in acute rnyocardial infarction Am Heart J 109 222-228, 1985.
39. Vlasses PH, Ribeiro LGT, Rotmensch HH, Bondi JV, Loper AE, Hichens M,
Duniay MC and Ferguson RK: Initial evaluation of transdermal Timolol, serum concentrations and beta-blockade. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 7.245-250, 1985.
40. Ribeiro LGT and Kasdin SL: Prognosis after an acute myocardial infarction
secondary prevention. Rev Lat Car 5(6).561-569,1984.
41. Ribeiro LGT and Walker J F: Therapeutic applications of angiotensin
converting enzyme inhibitors. Rev Braz Med 42(7).242-246, 1985.
42. Vik-Mo H, Yasay G, Ribeiro LGT and Maroko PR: Comparatlve effects of
dobutamine and corwin, a beta-adrenergic partial agonist, in
experimental left ventricular failure. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 7 784-790, 1985.
43. Sweet CS, Ludden CT, Freerick CM, Ribeiro LGT, Nussberger J. Slater EE
and Blaine EH: Hemodynamic effects of synthetic atrial natri uretic factor (ANF) in dogs with acute ventricular failure. EurJ Pharmacol 115:267-276, 1985.
44. Davis RF, DeBoar LW, Yasuda T, Rude RE, Ribeiro LGT and Maroko PR.
Reglonal myocardial lidocaine concentration determines the antlysrythmic effect in dogs after coronarv artery occlusion. Anesthesiology 62(2):155-60, 1985.
45. Ribeiro LGT and Kasdin SL: Identiflcation of hign risk patients after an
acute myocardial infarction Therapeutlc approach for secondary prevention Arq Bras Cardiol 44(3) 207-212, 1985.
46. Sweet CS, Ludden CT, Adkins E, Seymour AA, Emmert S and Ribeiro LGT:
Enalapril in exerimental hypertension and acute heart failure: comparison with calcium channel blocker. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 8(Suppl. 1):S 15 - S 19, 1986.
47. Vik-Mo, Hjos OD, Neelv JR, Maroko PR and Ribeiro LGT: Limitation of
myocardial infarct size by metabolic interventions that reduce accumulation of fatty acid metabolites in ischemic myocardium. Am Heart J 111(6): 1048 - 1054. 1986.
48. Lefer DJ, Hock CE, Ribeiro LGT and Lefer AM: Effects of lisinopril, a new
angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor in a cyro-injury model of chronic left ventricular failure. Meth and Find Exptl Clin Pharmacol 8(6) 357-362, 1986.
49. Ribeiro LGT, Kasdin SL, Snyder DL, Fisher MB and Irvin JD. Beneficial
effects of timolol in digitalized patients with atrial fibrillation and a rapid ventricular response Arq Bras Cardiol 46(3): 211-215,1986.
50. Vik-Mo H, Hastie R. Chir B and Ribeiro LGT : Hemodynamic and metalic
evaluatlon of an acute left ventricular failure modelael induced y coronary artery embolization. Arq ras Carcdiol 48(3).13 g-145, 1987,
51. Ribeiro LGT Hypertension. A paramount cardiovascular risk-factor in
the western world. Arq Bras Cardiol 49(4):245-248, 1987.
52. Sweet CS, Emmert SE, Stabilito ll and Ribeiro LGT: Increased survival in
rats with congestive heart failure treated with enalapril. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 1 10(6).639-642, 1987.
53. Lin SK and Ribeiro LGT: Kinetics of transdermal clonidine Arch Intern
54. Brown L, Nusbaum IM and Ribeiro LGT: Quality of life - now asess it in clinical trials. Arq Bras Cardiol 50(6): 365-368, 1988.
55. Islami Y, Ribeiro LGT: Lipid lowering effects on cardiovascular morbility
and mortality. Clinical evidence and therapeutic guidelines. Arq Bras Cardiol 51 ( 1 ) 43-48,1988.
56. Smith EF, Egan JW, Goodman FR, Zimmerman MB, Webb RL and Ribeiro LGT.
Effects of two nonsulfhydryl angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors, CGS 14831 and CGS 16617, on myocardial damage and left-ventricular hypertrophy following coronary artery occlusion in the rat. Pharmacology 37:254-263, 1988.
57. Ribeiro LGT, Price BA and Irvin JD: Antiarrhythmic effects of timolol in
patients with ventricular arrhythmias Arq Bras Cardiol 51(4) 359-364, 1988.
MANUSCRIPTS SUBMITTED TO PUBLICATION
1. Debauche TL, Ribeiro LGT, Brandon TA, French S, Sybers HD and Miller RR
Prostacyclin in acute experimental myocardial platelet deposition and ventricular arrhythmias and comparison with nitroprusside.
2. Ribeiro LGT, Endo T, Minella AE, Cheung W-m, Hastie R and Maroko PR
Accuracy of the 99mTc-albumin microsnere tecnniaue ln measuring reagional myocardial blood flow in dogs.
3. Ribeiro LGT, Price BA, Harris KE and Irvin JD: Antiarrhythmic effects of
timolol maleate in patients with ventricular arrythmias.
1. Duarte GM, Ribeiro LGT and Carneiro RD. Acao ao verapamil na insuficiencia
coronariana--avaliacao pelo teste ergometrico(in Portuguese). Arq Bras Cardiol 28 (Suppl 2):288, 1975.
2. Ribeiro LGT, Louis EK, Davis MA and Maroko PR. Beneficial effectof 100%
breathing on redistribution of regional myocardialblood flow. Clin Res 25:248A, 1977.
3. Ribeiro LGT, Hillis LD, Fishein MC, Davis MA, Maroko PR and Braunwald E.
A new technique for demonstrating the efficacy of interventions designed to limit infarct size following coronary occlusion: beneficial effect of hyaluronidase. Clin Res 25:248A 1977.
4. Ribeiro LGT, Louie EK and Maroko PR: Influencia da inalacao de oxigenio na
redistribuicao do fluxo coronarano (in Portuguese) Arq Bras Car. 54(Suppl 3): 232, 1977.
5. Ribeiro LGT, Louie EK, Hillis LD, Davis MA and Maroko PR Early increases in
R wave voltage after coronary artery occlusion: A useful index of ischemia. Clin Res 26:264A, 1978.
6. Maroko PT, Ribeiro LGT, Kloner RA, Hillis LD and Braunwald E. Can
myocardial damage following coronary occlusion really be reduced? Proceeding of VllI World Congress of Cardiology, 1978.
7. Maroko PR, Ribeiro LGT, Kloner RA, Ingwall JS and Caride VJ. Transport of
ATP y liposomes into the schemic myocardium Circulation 58 (4) 11 58, 1978.
8. Maroko PR, Yasuda T, Ribeiro LGT, Bingham J, McKusick K, Fishbein MC
and Strauss W: Global and regional left ventricular function by radionuclide ventriculography after coronary occlusion in rats. Its evolution and its correlation to infarct size. Circulation 58(4)11 - 175, 1978.
9. Ribeiro LGT, Yasud T, Lowenstein E, Braunwald E and Maroko PR. Compara
tive effects of anatomic infarct size of verapamil, ibuprofen and morphine-promethazine-chlorpromazine combination. Am J Cardiol 43.396, 1979.
10. Davis RF, Yasuda T, Deboer L, Ribeiro LGT, Rude R, Davis MA, Ronfeld RA
and Maroko PR: Determinants of antiarrhythmic efficacy of lidocaine in acute myocardial infarction Am Cardiol 43:371, 1979.
11. Young JB, Quinones MA, Waggoner AD, Ostojic M, Ribeiro LGT, Attar and
Miller RR. Detection of prosthetic paravalvular leak.superiority of pulsed doppler echocardiography to clinical assessment and M-mode echocardiography. Clin Res 27:218A, 1979.
12. Ostojic MC, Quinones MA, Waggoner AD, Ribeiro LGT, Young JB, O’Donnell MJ
and Miller RR. Pulsea doppler echocardiographic assessment of aortic insufficiency: Diagnostic accuracy and quantification of severity (submitted to publication) Clin Res 27:192A, 1979.
13. Young JB, Quinones MA, Ribeiro LGT, Waggoner AD, OstoJic M, Shah A and
Miller RR: etection of mitral regurgitation y pulsed dopp!er ecocardiogranY dlagnostic accuracy of the time nterval histogram. C 1 in Res 27 1 96A. 17
14. Ribeiro LGT and Yasuda T: Reperfusao coronariana em ratos - efeitos
beneficos do verapamil. (in Portuguese). Arq Bras Cardiol. Suplemento ao Congresso 25, 1978
15. Maroko P, Ribeiro LGT, Hillis LD and Braunwald E: Sinais electro
cardiograficos de necrose em pacientes com infarto agudo do miocardio -- Efeitos beneficos ao Hialuronidase (in Portuguese). Arq Bras Caraiol. Suplemento do Congresso 414, 1978.
16. Hillis LD, Ribeiro LGT, Maroko PR and Braunwald E: Infarto experimental do
miocardio-nova tecnica para medir alteracoes ao seu tamanho (in Portuguese). Arq Bras Cardiol. Suplemento do Congresso 279, 1978.
17. Miller RR, Ribeiro LGT, Brandon TA, Hopkins DG, Reduto LA and Taylor AA:
Effects of Prostacyclin on regional myocardlal blood flow, hemo Dynamics, infarct size and mortality after experimental coronary occlusion. Clin Res 27.199A, 1979.
18. Ribeiro LGT, Brandon TA, Hopkins DG, Reduto L and Miller RR: Identification
and quantification of a hyperemic zone bordering myocardial ischemic area. Clin Res 27:198A. 1979.
19. Ribeiro LGT, Brandon TA and Miller RR. Mortality after coronary artery
occlusion-beneficial effects of D-600 (Methoxi-Verapamil) Clin Res 27:198A, 1979.
20. Ribeiro LGT, Yasuda T, Lowenstein E, Maroko PR and Braunwald E. Reducao
no tamanho do infarto ao miocardio pelo uso do verapamil (in Portuguese). Arq Bras Cardiol 32:Supl 1-176, 1979.
21. Young JB, Ribeiro LGT, Quinones MA, Waggoner AD, Ostojic M and Miller RR.
Importancia da doppler ecocardiografia no diagnostico e evaliacao da insufficiencia aortica e mitral (in Portuguese). Arq Bra Cardiol 32;Supl 1-51, 1979.
22. Verani MOS, Ribeiro LGT and Miller RR: Cintilografia cardiaca com thallium
durante esforco-correlacoes com electracardiograme de esforco e cinecoronariografia (in Portuguese). Arq Bras Cardiol 2 Suppl 1-159, 1979.
23. Spadaro J, Ribeiro LGT, Brandon TA, Hare C and Miller RR: Oclusao
coronariano -- Reducao na mostalidade pelo methoxiverapamil (D-600) (in Portuguese) Arq Bras Cardiol 32: Suppl 1-186, 1979.
24. Ribeiro LGT, Quinones MA, Reduto LA, Winters WL and Miller RR. Assessment
of left ventricular regional wall motion with two-dimensional echocardiography and gated cardiac imaging comparison to angiography. Circulation 59:11 - 137, 1979.
25. Miller RR, Ribeiro LGT, Brandon TA, Hopkins and Reduto LA: Reduction in
mortality independent of infarct size by nitro-prusside in experimental coronary artery occlusion. Circulation 59:11-124, 1979.
26. Hopkins D, Pratt CM, Ribeiro LGT and Miller RR: Predictors of cardiac
mortality in patients with severe ST-segment depression on treadmill stress testing. Circulation 59:11-266, 1979.
27. Quinones MA, Reduto LA, Nelson JG, Ribeiro LGT, Young JB, Winters WL and
Miller RR. A new simplified method for determining left ventri cular ejection fraction by two-dimensional echocardiography. Circulation 59:11- 1979.
28. Fuller CM, Pratt CM, Nussey GA, Ribeiro LGT, Taylor AA and Miller RR:
Antiarrhythmic efficacy of propranolol immediately following coronary bypass surgery. Circulation 59:184, 1979.
29. DeBauche TL, Ribeiro LGT, Brandon TA and Miller RR Value of re-coronary
artery occlusion heart rate in predicting post-occlusion and reperfusion ventricular fibrillation in the experimental animal Clin Res 27:226A, 1979.
30. Ribeiro LGT, Quinones MA, Reduto LA, Del Ventura L, Waggoner AD, Nelson
JG, Winters WL and Miller RR. Left ventricular segmental wall motion: gated cardiac blood pool imaging versus two-dimensional echocardiography. Clin Res 27.733A, 1979.
31. Brandon TA, Ribeiro LGT, HopKins DG, Reduto LA and Miller RR. Effects cf
lidocaine on hemodynamics, regional myocardial blood flow, infarct size and mortality Clin Res 27:725A, 1979.
32. Pratt CM, Nussey GN, Hopkins DG, Kanon S, Ribeiro LGT, DeBakey ME and
Miller RR. Follow-ur of a high-ris onset of coronary artery alsease patients wit marke lscnemic resDonse to exercise: comparison of mealcal and surglcai grouc. Clin Res 27:72A, 1979
33. Ribeiro LGT, Brandon TA, Horak SK, Solis RS and Miller RR: Inhibition of
platelet aggregation y verapamil quantification by in vitro and in vivo techniques Clin Res 27.7A, 1979
34. Ribeiro LGT, DeBauche TL, Brandon TA, Reduto LA and Maroko PR: Verapamil
and hifedipine during coronary artery reperfusion: effects on ventricular arrhythmias and regional myocardial blood flow. Clin Res 27;773, 1979.
35. Ribeiro LGT, Quinones MA, Reduto LA, Del Ventura L, Waggoner AD, Nelson
JG, Winters WL and Miller RR. Left ventricular segmental wall motion: comparison of gated cardiac blood pool imaging with two-dimensonal echocsardiography. Clin Res 28:205A, 1980.
36. Ribeiro LGT, Brandon TA, Horak JK, Solis RT and Miller RR: Documentation of
inhibition of platelet aggregation by verapamil quantification by in vitro and in vivo techniques. Clin Res 2:204A, 1980.
37. Solis RT, Ribeiro LGT, Horak JK, Brandon TA and Miller RR: adrenerglc
inhibition of platelet aggregation in vitro and in vivo. Clin Res 28:244A, 1980.
38. DeBauche TL, Brandon TA, Ribeiro LGT, Sybers HD, Thompson W and Miller
RR: Inhibition of platelet aggregation in ischemic myocardium and antiarrnythmic effects of prostacyclin in experimental artery occlusion. Clin Res 28:165A, 1980.
39. Ribeiro LGT, Hillis LD and Maroko PR: Evolution of epicardial R wave
voltage following experimental coronary artery occlusion. Clin Res 28:205A, 1980.
40. Ribeiro LGT, Cheung W-m, Miller R and Maroko PR. Effects of metnoxy
verapamil, a new calcium blocker, on the extent of myocardial necrosis using artoradiography to assess the myocardium at risk. Clin Res 28.205A, 1980.
41. Pratt CM, Nussey G, Hopkins DG, Kanon D, Ribeiro LGT, DeBakey ME and Miller
RR: Long Term edical surgical follow-up of a high risk subset of coronary artery disease patients with marked ischemic response to exercise. Clin Res 28:203A, 1980.
42. Ribeiro LGT, DeBauche TL, Brandon TA, Reduto LA. Maroko PR and Miller RR:
Comparative effects of verapamil and nifedipine on reactive hypermea and ventricular arrhythmias during coronary artery reperfusion. Am J Cardiol 45:46 1, 1980.
43. Cheung W-m, Ribeiro LGT and Maroko PR: Is the effectiveness of a drug in
reducing myocardial inJjry depenaent on the extent of the zone at risk? Circulation, 62(Suppl 111) 314, 1980.
44. Maroko PR, Ribeiro LGT, Yasuda T, Davis RF, DeBoer LWV, Strauss HW,
Leinbach RC and Gold HK: Effect of interventions on the protection of the ischemic myocardium in experimental animals and in patients. Proceedings of VIII European Congress of Cardiology Page 116. June, 1980.
45. Ribeiro LGT, Brandon TA, Horak JK, Solis RT and Miller RR: Inhibition of
platelet aggregation by verapamil: futher rationale for the use of calcium antagonists in coronary artery disease Circulation, 62 (Suppl III): 111-293, 1980.
46. DeBauche TL, Brandon TA, Ribeiro LGT, Sybers HD and Miller RR:
Comparative lnhibitory actions of prostacyclin and nitro-prusside on platelet deposition in ischemic myocardium and ventricular fibrillation following coronary artery occlusion. Circulation 62(Suppl III): III-309, 1980.
47. Endo T, Ribeiro LGT, Faria DB, Cheung W-m, Petranto M and Maroko PR:
Correlation between the extent of the zone of hypoperfusion and the incidence of ventricular fibrillation after experimental coronary artery occlusion. Clin Res 29.188A, 1981.
48. Maroko PR, Cheung W-m, Faria DB, Endo T, Petranto and Ribeiro LGT: Do
interventions that reduce infarct size alter mortality rate? Clin Res 29.221 A, 1981.
49. Ribeiro LGT, Faria DB, Cheng W-m and Maroko PR: How accurate is the
measurement of experimental infarct size when only selected left ventricular slices are used? Clin Res 29.235A, 1981.
50. Iwasaki T, Faria DB, Cheung W-m, Ribeiro LGT and Maroko PR. The
importance of the source of hyaluronidase in determining its effectiveness in reducing infarct size. Clin Res 29. 210A, 1981.
51. Carvolho MA, Aloan L, Mello MG Jr, Carneiro RD and Ribeiro LGT: Beneficial
effects of verapamil on myocardial ischemic injury Evaluation by precordial ST segment mapping. Clin Res 29:180A, 1981.
52. Faria DB, Iwasaki T, Endo T, Cheung W-m, Ribeiro LGT and Maroko PR.
Calcium Antagonists: Their effectiveness in decreasing the occur ance of ventricular fibrillation and reducing infarct size after a coronary artery occlusion. Am J Cardiol 47.443, 1981.
53. DeBauche TL, Brandon TA, Ribeiro LGT, Holyfield K and Muller RR. Effect of
Prostacyclin on ventricular arrhythmias and intracardiac conduction in myocardial ischemia. Am J Cardiol 47:437, 1981.
54. Carvalho MA, Ribeiro LGT, Aloan L, Mello MG, Carneiro RD and Maroko PR:
Efeitos beneficos de verapamil sobre o miocardo isquemico -- avaliacao pelo mapeamento precordial do segmento ST (in Portuguese). Arq Bras Cardiol 36(Suppl I):135, 1980.
55. Faria DB, Cheung W-m, Hastie R, Petranto Maroko PR and Ribeiro LGT.
Effect of prostacyclin on infarct size -- analysis of discrepancies. Circulation 64 (Suppl 1 IV):IV-280, 1981.
56. Endo T, Ribeiro LGT, Cheung W-m and Maroko PR: Reduction in hemorrhage
and the extent of necrosis y methoxy-verapamil in dogs with coronary artery reperfusion. Clrculation 64:(Suppl IV):IV-98, 1981.
57. Cheung W-m, Kjekshus H, Ribeiro LGT and Maroko PR: Quantification of
"no-reflow phenomenon" by dual autoradiography after different times of occlusion and its relationship to necrosis. Am Coll Cardiol 49.1047, 1982.
58. Faria DB, Cheung W-m, Ribeiro LGT and Maroko PR: Three-dimensional
analysis of infarct size reduction. Clin Res 30:184A, 1982.
59. Iwasaki T, Lumia FJ, Germon PA, Maranhao V. Biggs R and Ribeiro LGT.
Exercise radionuclide ventriculography--correlation with clinical parameters and the severity of coronary artery disease. Clin Res 30:195A, 1982.
60. Horak JK, Ribeiro LGT, Brandon TA, Ware JA, Solis T and Miller RR. Etanol
and platelet function--demonstration of disparate effects of high and low doses on platelet aggregation. Clin Res 30:194A, 1982.
61. Zalewski A, Faria DB, Cheung W-m, Ribeiro LGT and Maroko PR.
Comparison of the effectiveness of various calcium antagonists in protecting acutely ischemic myocardium Clin Res 30.232A. 1982.
62. Ribeiro LGT, Bowker BL and Maroko PR: BeneficIal effects of berberiane
on early mortality after experimental coronary artery occlusion in rats. Circulation 66(II) II-56, 1982.
63. Vik-Mo H, Maroko PR and Ribeiro LGT: Comparative effects of propanolol,
timolol and metoprotol after coronary occlusion Circulation 66 (II):85, 1982.
64. Zalewski A, Faria DB, Cheung W-m, Ribeiro LGT and Maroko PR. Comparative
effects of five caIcium antagonists on infarct size and mortality after coronary artery occlusion. Circulation 66(II):II-66, 1982.
65. Zalewski A, Faria DB, Krol R, Ribeiro LGT and Maroko PR: Striking infarct
size reduction y various interventions when the zone at risk is smal. Circulation I (2):660, 1983.
66. Krol R, Maranhao V, Ribeiro LGT and Maroko PR: Usefulness of selective
coronary dye-dilution curves in detecting collateral circulation and evaluating the effects of rugs. Circulation 1(2):702, 1983.
67. Ribeiro LGT, Reitz PM and Sweet CS. Experimental myocardial infartion--
effects of timolol in ischemic injury and myocardial blood flow. Proceedings of the II World Conference on Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics. 134, 1983.
68. Vlasses PH, Ribeiro LGT, Rotmensch HH, Bondi J, Hichens M, Loper AG,
Clementi RA, Abrams WB, Ferguson RK. Initial evaluation of transdermal timoiol. Serum concentrations and beta-blockade. Clin Pharmacol and Therapeutics: 35(2) 279, 1984.
69. Ribeiro LGT, Vlasses PH, Bond J, Loper AE, Dunlay MC. Rotmensch HH
Ferguson RK and Abrams WB: Timolol transdermal administration skin flux, pharmacolodynamic effects and skin irritation evaluation. Clin Res 32:246A, 1984.
70. Sweet CS and Ribeiro LGT: Improvement in left ventricular failure by
MK-422 (A new intravenous angiotensin converting enzyme Inhibitor. Clinical Research 32;21AO, 1984.
71. Ribeiro LGT, Gaul SL and Sweet CS: Transmural variation in myocardial
perfusion between the apex and the base of the heart. Clin Res 32 200A, 1984.
72. Vik-Mo H, Ribeiro LGT and Maroko PR. Infarct size reduction by decrease in
free fatty acid metabolish -- additive effects of oxfenicine ana nicotinic acid. Eur Heart J 5:91, 1984.
73. Ribeiro LGT, Fisher MB, Mallis G. Morganroth J, Kostis JB and Irvin JD.
Beneficial effects of timolol on ventricular response rate in patients with chronic atrial fibrillation. Clin Res 32(3).680A, 1984.
74. Ribeiro LGT, Price BA, Marlon A, Pool PE, Salel AE, Whalen JJ and Irvin JD:
Efficacy of timolol in the treatment of malignant ventricular arrhythmias. Clin Res 32(3):681A, 1984.
75. Sweet CS, Ribeiro LGT, Ludden CT and Blaine EH: Hemodynamics and renal
electrolyte atrial natriuretic factor in dogs with acute left ventricular failure. Clin Res 32(3):683A, 1984.
76. Sweet CS, Nugent LW, Mulcahy W and Ribeiro LGT. A new experimental
heart failure model-beneficial effects of felodipine a potent calcium antagonist. Arq Bras Cardiol 43(1): 55, 1984.
77. Ribeiro LGT, Walker JF, Whalen JJ, Davies RO and Smith, WM: Benefícial
effects of enalapril, a new angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor, in the treatment of hypertenison and cogestive heart failure. Arq Bras Cardiol 43(1): 109, 1984.
78. Hock CE, Ribeiro LGT and Lefer AM. Effects of enalaprilic acid (MK-422)
in myocardial infarction. Federation Proceedings 43.355, 1984.
79. Sweet CS, Ribeiro LGT, Lunden CT, Blaine EH, Slater EE, Nussberger J and
Nutt RF: Hemodynamic and renal electrolyte effects of synthetic atrial natriuretic factor in dogs with acute left ventricular failure.
80. Vik-Mo H, Mjos OD, Maroko PR, Ribeiro LGT and Neely JR. Effects of nico
tinic acid, oxfenicine and timolol on fatty acid metabolism in normal and ischemic myocardium in dogs. J Molec Cell Cardiol 16(2):48, 1984
81. Saris SD, Lowenthal DT, Porter RS, Bondi J, Loper AE, Dunlay MC, Goodwin
MJ and Ribeiro LGT: Seven-day transdermal administration of timolol. Clin Pharm and Thera 37(2):226, 1985.
82. Brum JM, Dotson BS, Ribeiro LGT, Bove AA, Ghat G. Neuropeptide y coronary
vasoconstriction is independent on adrenergic and muscarinic receptors. J Am Coli Cardiol 7(2).251A. 1986.
83. Smith III EF, Egan JW, Goodman FR, Zimmerman MB and Ribeiro LGT.
Cardioprotective effect of the angiotensin converting enzyme Inhibitor CGS 14831 in rats FedProc 45.689, 1986.
84. Vik-Mo H, Ribeiro LGT, Maroko PR. A model of acute left ventricular
failure in dogs--hemodynamic and metabolic evaluation Proc of x Worl Cong Card 105, 1986.
85. Vik-Mo H, Ribeiro LGT, Maroko PR: Myocardial oxygen consumption after
corwin and dobutamine in the normal and failing left ventricle. Proc of X World Cong Card 518, 1986.
87. Watters JT, Benz JR, Maher TF, Ivankoe LD, Hurley ME and Ribeiro LGT: CGS
14824A, a new non-sulfhydryl angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor (ACEI) -- efficacy in patients with mild to moderate hypertension. J Clin Pharm 27(9). 718, 1987.
87. deSilva JK, Hurley ME, WecIaw-Hakim C and Ribeiro LGT. Efficacy and
safety of CGS 16617 a new non-thiol angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor, in patients with mild to moderate hypertension. J Clin Pharm 27(9).717, 1987.
ABSTRACTS SUBMITTED TO PUBLICATION
1. Ribeiro LGT, Dunlay MC, Bondi JV, Loper AE, Ferguson RK and Vlasses RH.
A one-week timolol transdermal patch--is this feasible? 1984.
2. Sweet CS, Emmert SE, Stabilito I and Ribeiro LGT: Prolonge survival in
rats with healed myocardial infarction by enalapril. 1986.
3. Smith EF, III, Egan JW, Goodman FR, Zimmerman MB and Ribeiro LGT.
Beneficial effects of two new angiotensin converting enzyme lnhibitors (ACEI) following coronary occlusion in the rat. 1986.
Annual Report of the IGCP513 Karst Aquifers and Water Resources China Working Group in 2007 (Institute of Karst Geology, CAGS, Karst Dynamics Laboratory, MLR,Guilin 541004) Progresses of project IGCP513 achieved in the year 2007 could be summarized in line with the 4 objectives of the Project. 1) Relation of hydrology to the function and health of karst ecosystems; Karst ecosyste
CMAC200manualEN.qxd 18.9.2002 13:05 Page 1making the recording in relatively quiet environment,If experienced, you can optimally set it even forthe sensitivity of the input amplifier is too high, it can-several devices. Test the optimal level for the dif-not be set and in case of controlling portable deviceferent types of environment and sound (speech,such as camcorder, the unwanted noise