Harris 2014-01-27 short.pdf
JOSHUA HARLAN HARRIS
74 Town Green Drive, Elmsford, NY 10523 • 646-660-0868 • [email protected]
Loeb & Loeb, L.L.P.
, New York, NY Morgan & Finnegan, L.L.P.
, New York, NY
, January 2009 to present Student Associate / Associate
, June 2003 to January 2009
• Writing successful briefs on motions for summary judgment and preliminary injunction, supporting
claim construction, seeking expert disqualification, and opposing production of privileged materials.
• Successfully arguing motions in United States District Court.
• Negotiating terms of stipulated preliminary injunctions, confidentiality disclosure orders.
• Preparing inventors, Rule 30(b)(6) witnesses, and other fact witnesses for deposition.
• Preparing expert witnesses to testify at deposition and in United States District Court.
• Taking and defending depositions of fact witnesses, Rule 30(b)(6) designees, and expert witnesses.
• Engaging in pre-suit diligence, preparing complaints and responsive papers.
COUNSELING AND DUE DILIGENCE
• Searching prior art and rendering patent infringement, validity, freedom to use opinions.
• Auditing client patent portfolios to craft IP strategy and identify business opportunities.
• Negotiating patent licenses and settlement agreements.
• Representing underwriters in connection with public offerings of over $70 million.
• Drafting, prosecuting patent applications; directing patent procurement strategy, portfolio management.
• Hoffmann-La Roche Inc. and Genentech, Inc.
v. Apotex Inc. et al., (N.J.) - Boniva®
• Warner Chilcott Co., LLC and Hoffmann-La Roche Inc.
v. Teva Pharms. USA, Inc. et al., (Del.) - Actonel®
• Unigene Labs., Inc. and Upsher-Smith Labs., Inc.
v. Apotex et al., (S.D.N.Y.) - Fortical®
v. Boston Scientific, (E.D. Tex.) (settled before trial) – endovascular graft
REPRESENTATIVE PATENT PROSECUTION, OPINIONS, AND LICENSING SUBJECTS
Pharmaceuticals • medical devices • diagnostics and assays • proteins, polymers, enzymes
cancer therapies • biofuels • food sciences and consumer products • screens and fabrics
Law Clerk NYC DOE
• Technical Advisor Lucent Technologies
• Researcher Brown University
Invited Lecturer, Patent Law NYU
• Legal Writing (T.A.) Cardozo
• Organic Chem (T.A.) Brown Univ.
New York Intellectual Property Law Association • New York State Bar Association
New York (Oct. 2005) • New Jersey (Dec. 2004) • U.S.P.T.O. (July 2003: Reg. No. 54,649)
C.A.F.C. (Nov. 2010) • S.D.N.Y. (Aug. 2007) • E.D.N.Y. (Aug. 2007) • D.N.J. (Dec. 2004)
Cardozo School of Law
J.D. (2004) • Brown University
B.S. (honors) Biophysics
Fun Fact: Joshua Harris is a Beatles / classic rock / progressive rock connoisseur.
Learning and Individual Differences 14 (2004) 137 – 151Working memory performance of Italian studentswith foreign language learning difficultiesa Department of Psychology, University of Pavia, Piazza Botta 6, 27100 Pavia, Italyb Department of Psychology, University of Padova, Padova, ItalyReceived 28 April 2003; received in revised form 10 November 2003; accepted 22 January 2004It has been
Copyright � The Korean Academy Generalized Lichen Nitidus Successfully Treated with Narrow-bandUVB Phototherapy: Two Cases ReportLichen nitidus (LN) is an uncommon chronic inflammatory skin disease composedof numerous, tiny, shiny, flesh-colored papules that are predominantly observed onSeong-Hyun Kim, Ki-Bum Myung,You-Won Choithe chest, abdomen, glans penis and upper extremities. The di