Microsoft word - asd-10
During renovation or repair works you need
Instal a smoke alarm at least 5 meters away from such smoke
Power source: 3 VDC Lithium AA size Battery
to remove the smoke alarm from the ceiling. After this work
sources. See chapter: Never install a smoke alarm.
Battery lifetime: 10 years under normal conditions
always test the smoke alarm by pressing the test button.
Regularly nuisance alarm can be avoided by locating your
HOW TO START
1. Choose a location that meets the requirements below: DISPOSAL
Recommended installation locations
This product must be col ected separately at the end of the
product life according to European directives (WEEE-2005).
Contact your local authority for information about col ecting
3. Mark the position of the mounting holes
LIMITATIONS OF SMOKE ALARMS
in the bottom plate. Drill he holes using a
Arton Smoke Alarms are designed to provide the earliest
-YEAR OPTICAL SMOKE ALARM WITH
WHERE TO LOCATE YOUR SMOKE ALARM
6mm drill and insert the anchor plugs and
possible warning of fire and smoke. Early warning can mean
the difference between safe escape or no escape at all.
Recommended installation locations:
If using no anchor plugs use a 3mm drill. Figure 3
Smoke alarms however have limitation. For example
4. Place the smoke alarm on the base plate and turn it
• The battery does not work properly. Therefore test the
around until the smoke alarm slides into the bottom
• If smoke cannot reach the smoke chamber of the smoke
- Every 7,5 m in corridors and escape routes.
The smoke alarm has now been installed to the bottom
- Within 3 meters of sleeping- and living rooms.
plate but not fixed (can drop down if not hold with hand).
Anything preventing smoke from reaching the smoke alarm
Now twist it clockwise (to the right) from the OFF to the ON
such as closed doors, fire on a storey where no smoke alarm
line to activate the smoke alarm (See Figure 4 ) and is
has been installed may delay or prevent alarm. A smoke alarm
Smoke alarms in all rooms (except bathrooms, kitchens,
cannot detect fires in walls or chimneys or roofs. For these
reasons smoke alarms should be installed in every room or at
Heat alarms can be installed in bathrooms, kitchens,
laundry rooms or boiler rooms and garages; within 5
• A person could not be possibly awakened by the alarm at an
KEEP THIS MANUAL IN A SAFE PLACE!
• A smoke alarm may not provide detection with, for example, smoking in bed if there is no smoke alarm installed in the
This manual contains important
same room, or violent explosions resulting from escaping gas.
information for proper installation
Children playing with matches/fire, electrical interferences,
and use of your smoke alarm.
5. Now press and release the test button to test the smoke
storage of explosives and flammable substances such as
Read this information carefully
alarm for proper functioning. The alarm wil give shortly an
and retain this manual for future use.
intermittent beep sound and the red LED light flashes
• The lifetime of a smoke alarm is 10 years.
approximately every 10 seconds, meaning the smoke alarm
has been properly installed. The smoke alarm wil now
automatically remain for 8 to 9 minutes in the HUSH mode.
The manufacturer guarantees its enclosed smoke alarm to be
If used correctly, you have additional, valuable time to escape.
FUNCTION AND MEANING OF LIGHT AND SOUND
free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal
Each properly installed smoke alarm provides extra time
figure 1 figure 2
use and service for a period of 10 years from the date of
The red LED light will flash ± once every 5 minutes.
• A smoke alarm will not prevent fires.
• Place the smoke alarm preferably in the middle from the
The manufacturer's obligation of this guarantee shall be
• Install the smoke alarm in a proper place, preferably in the
If smoke is detected the smoke alarm gives a loud and
limited to the repair or replacement of any part of the smoke
• For pitched roofs place the smoke alarm on the slope, at
alarm which is found to be defective in material or
• Keep the smoke alarm away from children.
light wil flash continuously til the smoke has disappeared.
workmanship under normal use and service during the ten
• Test the unit weekly and after a period of your absence.
year period. The company shall not be obligated to repair or
• See chapter MINIMUM AND MAXIMUM PROTECTION.
WARNING: Never test with fire
One beep signal every 40 seconds means the battery is
replace smoke alarms which are found to be in need of repair
• Vacuum your alarms regularly (once a month) using the soft
• Make sure the smoke alarm is always accessible for testing
almost empty. This signal wil sound for 30 days. With
because of damage, unreasonable use, modifications or
proper maintenance the battery and the smoke alarm have
alterations occurring after the date of purchase.
functioned more than 10 years, meaning the smoke alarm
• If the smoke alarm beeps every 40 seconds, the battery is low
Never install a smoke alarm:
has to be replaced. The lifetime of a smoke alarm is 10
PLEASE KEEP THIS MANUAL IN A SAFE PLACE.
(after approximately 10 years) and you have to replace the
• In bathrooms and shower rooms (high humidity areas),
kitchens, garages etc., areas where combustion particles from
You have to remove the smoke alarm and the bottom plate
Manufactured in Europe
• The lifetime of smoke alarms is 10 years.
cooking or car exhaust and dust and moisture could trigger a
from the ceiling to install a new smoke alarm.
• False alarms can be stopped by pushing the test & hush
nuisance alarm. Install a smoke alarm at least 5 meters away
Test and Hush mode:
Push the test button (see figure 4) ± 3 seconds. The smoke
• You can make the ASD-10 less sensitive for 8 to 9 minutes by
• In very dusty or dirty areas and in areas where the
alarm will give shortly an intermittent beep sound. The red
temperature exceeds 50°C or below 0° C.
LED light will now flash ± every 10 second during 8 to 9
But when the smoke is too thick the smoke alarm wil stil give
• Close to (next) decorative objects, doors, electrical or light
minutes. This means the smoke alarm is functioning
fittings, lamps, sockets, windows, wall ventilators etc. which
properly and the smoke alarm will stay for 8 to 9 minutes in
might impede the path of smoke to the smoke alarm. At least
escape routes and practice them with all family
50cm away. • Next to or directly above heaters.
• IN CASE OF FIRE: LEAVE THE PREMISES IMMEDIATELY
• On very high or difficult to access places which would make
Push the test button to silence the alarm. (See test and
WITH YOUR FAMILY AND
GATHER OUTSIDE IN A PREVIOUSLY AGREED PLACE AND
• Within 1 meter from dimmers and wiring. Some dimmers can
MAKE SURE EVERYONE IS PRESENT.
• Vacuum your smoke alarms regularly (once a month)
CLOSE ALL DOORS BEHIND YOU AND DO NOT OPEN A
• Within 1,5 meter from fluorescent tubes.
using the soft brush attachment of the vacuum cleaner.
WARM DOOR, THEN CHOOSE THE ALTERNATIVE ESCAPE
• In insect infested areas. Tiny insects may affect proper
• The smoke alarm should never come into contact with
CALL THE FIRE DEPARTMENT OUTSIDE OR AT THE
Important information is located on the bottom of the
• Repairs must be performed by the manufacturer.
ATTENTION: Do not paint your smoke alarm.
NEVER TURN BACK INTO A BURNING HOUSE.
• if smoke is thick crawl outwards as close to the ground as
possible. Breathe through a wet cloth and otherwise hold your
Causes of Nuisance Alarm:
A smoke alarm can be activated in high humidity areas,
kitchens, garages etc. Areas where combustion particles
Most deaths and injuries occur due to smoke inhalation and not
from cooking or car exhaust and dust and moisture could
JOP. J. Pancreas (Online) 2001; 2(4):140-149. Effect of Treatment with Different Doses of 17-β-Estradiol on Insulin Receptor Substrate-1. Celestino González, Ana Alonso, Natalia A Grueso, Fernando Díaz, Manuel M Esteban, Serafina Fernández, Angeles M Patterson Department of Functional Biology, Physiology Area, University of Oviedo, Oviedo, Spain. ABSTRACT levels in insulin de
Psychiatric Genetics 00 :1᎐4 P.G. Sanda, C. Godaua, P. Riederera, C. Petersb, P. Frankec, M.M. NothendJ. Fritzee, W. Maierc, P. Proppingd, K.-P. Lescha, O. Riessb, T. Sanderf, H. Beckmannaand J. Deckerta,ga Department of Psychiatry, University of Wurzburg,Germany; bDepartment of Medical Genetics, Universityof Rostock, Germany; cDepartment of Psychiatry, and dDepartment of Human Genetics,